A risotto recipe and cauliflower cheese at the same time! Heaven! Find out how with our vegetarian sausages and porcini mushrooms.
Serves 4 – Ready in 30 minutes
- 1 packet of Goodlife Cauliflower and Mature Cheddar Sausages
- 100g of dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 stick celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500g arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 200ml white wine (optional)
- 1.25 litres of hot vegetable stock
- 40g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make
- Soak the mushrooms in 200ml of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Chop the onion and celery and garlic into a small dice, you could do this in the food processor to save time.
- Fry the onion, celery and garlic in the oil very slowly, on a low heat for 7-8 minutes don’t allow to colour.
- Turn up the heat and add the rice, stir for 30 seconds and coat the rice in the vegetable mixture.
- Add a small amount of the hot vegetable stock and stir until evaporated, add the wine at this point if you choose, and again stir until the wine has been absorbed.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and add the mushroom liquid to the risotto.
- Be aware that the mushroom stock is a bit grainy at the bottom so don’t tip all the liquid in.
- Chop the Goodlife sausages into 4 pieces and add to the pan, add the stock a little at a time, stirring occasionally, until it is all gone. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
- The sausages will break apart and impart a delicious flavour into you risotto.
- Add the butter and stir through the risotto.
- Season to taste and check the rice is cooked.
- Garnish with rocket and serve.