This fabulous guest recipe for a Goodlife Sausage and Bean Pie recipe is courtesy of Jenny at The Brick Castle who introduced us to this quick and easy vegetarian recipe.
- Ready made puff pastry
- 1 large can of baked beans
- 4 cooked Goodlife Sausages (this recipe uses Cauliflower & Mature Cheddar with Truffle Oil Sausages)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Chilli flakes
- Chopped Mushrooms
How to make
- Cook the sausages following the back of pack instructions.
- If oven cooking the sausages, leave the oven on once cooked at around 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- If pan-frying, or grilling the sausages, pre-heat the oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- Roll out the pastry, and line the pie dish, or cut to shape. You can use one large pie dish, or four smaller ramekins for individual pies.
- Cut each sausage into 4, adding 4 pieces to the pie dish, along with 1/4 tin of beans. (and any other additional ingredients you wish to use)
- Fold the pastry over the top of the pie, and seal using water.
- Brush the top of the pie with a little beaten egg, and bake in the centre of the oven for around 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with some creamy mash or chips and some steamed veg. Enjoy!